Dr. Michael Linger, Executive Director 200 South Front Street Wheeling, WV 26003
Phone: 304-233-4640 Email: email@example.com
Celebration of Mission Event Remmitance Number: 884
2021 District Support Assignments: Northern & Wesleyan
MINISTRY AND MISSION:
The House of the Carpenter has finished construction of the Toni and Nancy Bedway Center for Youth in summer of 2020. As a result, the wide variety of ministries are expanding. We are currently serving over 1,100 people every week. The ministries are categorized three ways:
- The Ministries of Mercy: These programs meet basic needs and include the Food Pantry, Weekend Backpack Program, Utility Assistance, Underwear Room, Christmas Kids, School Supplies and more.
- The Ministries of Transformation: These programs seek to educate and provide opportunities for people to improve their quality of life and include Cooking programs, Pathways to Success, Communities of Transformation, Anchor 2.0, Learning Lab, Literacy Camp, LEGO Camp, Guitar, multiple Dance Classes, Archery, and Art Classes.
- The Ministries of Spiritual Formation: These programs are designed to not only introduce people to faith but to help disciple them in their journey. These programs include the morning devotions, Bible Study, Specialty Camps such as basketball, Summer Camp, Day Camp, a Theater Program and more.
This year the HOC is seeking donations for two of our most requested items:
- Personal Care items: Soap, shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene, toothbrush, toothpaste
- Cleaning supplies: Dish soap, laundry detergent, floor cleaner, bathroom cleaner
When our neighbors go through the food pantry, we always have requests for personal care items and for cleaning supplies. These are things that are necessary but cannot be purchased with SNAP benefits. Visit our new website at: www.houseofthecarpenter.com or find us on Facebook using: houseofthecarpenter01